Inside: 23 Beautiful Farmhouse Laundry Room Ideas
Let’s face it, no one loves doing laundry. On average, a typical family of four spends several hours each week sorting, washing, drying, folding, and ironing. Eek! With so much time spent in one space, you deserve to have your laundry room be a place you enjoy working–and a place that works for you.
Create a well-designed laundry room that is so beautiful and efficient you won’t even mind washing your kids’ dirty clothes Here are my our 23 favorite beautiful Farmhouse Laundry Room Ideas.
Design Tips for Decorating a Laundry Room
- Make it Your Own – Whether you have a sprawling space or a tiny closet to work with, your laundry room should reflect your unique decorating style and blend in with your existing decor. Small spaces provide fantastic opportunities to take a few design risks, so go ahead and make it your own!
- Maximize Storage – Take your cues from good kitchen designs and maximize your laundry storage with a combination of closed and open storage. In addition to laundry items, laundry rooms tend to house cleaning products, bulk supplies, and other random but necessary household goods. Closed storage is an attractive way of keeping these items organized, accessible, but out of sight.
- Use Every Square Inch – Granted, not everyone has the luxury of working with a large space or a large budget. If your laundry room is limited to a closet-sized space, this doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice design or function. Think vertically in small spaces and utilize every square inch of space available to you.
- Form Should Follow Function – When thinking through what your laundry design should include, the form should follow function–meaning the purpose of the room should be the starting point for your design. Therefore, your laundry room should be designed with four zones in mind: sorting, washing/drying, ironing, and folding/hanging. With some creative planning, you can pack a lot of utility into even the smallest of space.
Our Favorite Farmhouse Laundry Room Ideas
1. Natural Wood Shelves: Storage and shelves are one of my most must-haves in a laundry room. I love the long shelf over the washer and dryer, it makes for a really great work area for folding and sorting!
2. Farmhouse Sink: What a literal dream this amazing farmhouse sink is perfectly placed in between the washer and dry.
3. Every Box: This laundry room checks off every box on my list. From the workspace, cute design, farmhouse sink, and functionality, it has it all!
4. Wash & Dry: Adding a little fun and personality to a laundry room is a great way to bring peace to the space.
5. Hamper for All: You get a hamper, you get a hamper, you get a hamper and you get a hamper!
6. Full Functioning: Talk about an all in one space! This is such a great idea, having a little desk built in your laundry room is perfect for paying bills, keeping documents, and taking a load off while you’re waiting for a load. 😉
7. Barn Door: If you don’t have a huge laundry room then accenting it with a rustic sliding barn door is a great design idea.
8. Stacked: I love how they utilized all their space. Plus those cute hooks are perfect for hanging coats or larger pieces!
Amazing Laundry Room Storage Ideas
9. Bundle of Baskets: I literally gasped at this farmhouse laundry room when I saw it! I mean look at all those baskets, how amazing! This is such a great idea if you have several kids that do their own laundry. It keeps the dirty clothes out of their room and separated and organized in the laundry room.
10. Barn Door Cabinets: I love how they really used every inch of space for storage in this laundry room. Especially the cute barn door looking cabinets, it adds that fun farmhouse charm to this space.
11. Ladder Hanging Rack: This is the perfect idea for a small laundry space. Being able to use creativity and fun that are still functional is one of my favorite design ideas!
12. Hidden Appliances: What a great idea! I love the storage in this laundry room!
13. Hanging Rod: Don’t forget about using all your space, which includes vertically. Adding a hanging rod above your washer and dry is a perfect use of space.
14. Small Space: Again you don’t need to have a HUGE space for a pretty and functional laundry space. I love how they added a cute tile backdrop and some storage cubbies to really amp up this space.
15. Simple Shelf: Adding just a simple floating shelf can totally change your space. Plus it adds so much more storage space for you to work with.
16. Glass Storage: Along with the fun working station, I love how they used cute glass containers to keep their laundry pods, dryer balls, and other supplies.
The Best Farmhouse Laundry Room Design Ideas
17. Work Station: I love how they added this stylish and functional work station. Adding a space to fold, sort, and prep laundry is one of the best laundry design tips.
18. Laundry Basket Holder: This is just pure genius!
19. Small Laundry Space: You don’t need a huge laundry room to have an organized and functional space. This is the perfect example of optimizing your space.
20. Drying Rack: Although not a totally “new” laundry room idea, it is one of my favorites. For years I would be hanging my clothes on the back of chairs or from doorways. By adding a cute and compact drying rack you are really optimizing your space and avoiding having wet hanging clothes scattered around the house.
21. Black Cabinets: I. AM. OBSESSED.
22. Split Door: Okay, so I know for most of us this may not be a huge possibility but wow how amazing is this half door? What a cool feature to have in your laundry room. Feels like such a fairytale. Plus I am really digging the trend with the sink in between the washer and dryer.
23. Cozy Space: I love this so much. What a great idea with adding a dresser to the space, that is perfect for storing table clothes, extra blankets, or cleaning supplies.
Our Favorite Living Room Products
With all these pretty farmhouse laundry room ideas here are a few products you can get to perfect these looks.
1. Magnolia Wreath, 2. Glass Jars, 3. Floating Shelves, 4. Black Light Fixture, 5. Round Rug, 6. Metal Laundry Sign
If you’re looking for more home inspirations you may like these dreamy pantry closet ideas!